Renewable Energy, Sustainability And Planning Consultants
North Energy is a long established renewable energy and sustainability consultancy. Our team has been delivering renewable energy and sustainability solutions to business, industry and commerce in the UK and beyond since 1992.
We can provide:
- Wind, Biomass and Anaerobic Digestion feasibility studies
- Support with planning applications
- Life Cycle Assessment and carbon management services
- Sustainability strategies
- Renewable energy and sustainability guidance for builders, civil engineers and architects
- Education and Training Courses NEW courses for 2013!
And much more. Please browse our website or contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Welcome to North Energy. We look forward to working with you.
- Top 12 Energy Saving Tips for Your Office - North Energy's Top 12 Tips for energy saving in your office has been published on the 2 degrees website.
- Wind energy site screening and pre-planning work - North Energy is helping a wind developer to identify sites in industrial areas for the siting of wind turbines. The Feed in Tariff payments system has made smaller wind energy developments viable on sites with a good electrical load. North Energy’s wind planning expertise is coming to the fore.
- Integrated design for demonstration of efficient liquefaction of hydrogen (IDEALHY) - North Energy is taking part in a two year collaborative project supported by the European Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU). There are 9 partners drawn from industry and academia. The aim is to develop a generic process design, leading to a strategic plan, for a prospective large scale demonstration of efficient hydrogen liquefaction at a scale of 30-50 te/day. North Energy is carrying out a life cycle assessment of the process focusing on primary energy and three prominent greenhouse gases: carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide.
North Energy and the RHI
2013-01-24: The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government support scheme to encourage the installation of automated renewable heating systems. North Energy has helped several clients with applications for the RHI and has recently succeeded in registering biomass boilers for a large luxury hotel and several rural estates. We are also becoming expert in ensuring that projects meet the very specific RHI design and metering requirements and have advised at the early stages of a number of renewable heating projects.
PROGRESS WITH HYDROGEN ASSESSMENT
2012-11-08: As part of the IDEALHY Project (Grant Agreement No. 278172), which is part-funded by the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking, North Energy is developing workbooks for assessing the primary energy inputs, greenhouse gas emissions and economic costs of hydrogen production and utilisation. Progress on this work, which includes assessment of coal mining, natural gas production and wind power generation, was summarised recently at the Consortium Meeting held at the Shell Technology Centre in Amsterdam. This work contributes to the overall aims of this project on the integrated design of efficient advanced liquefaction of hydrogen, which are to improve the energy and economic performance and the specification of a potential demonstration plant www.idealhy.eu/
SUNLIBB and CeProBIO Meeting in Versailles
2012-10-31: The third European meeting of SUNLIBB /CeProBio, a joint European and Brazilian project on producing sustainable and cost-effective second generation biofuels from lignocelluloses, was held in France, at INRA, Versailles, from the 26th to 28th September 2012 . North Energy's role in the project is the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions for the process using life cycle assessment. Charlotte Hatto represented North Energy at the meeting and gave a presentation updating the project partners on progress to date.
Read more in our News Archive section.